In all likelihood, the franchise sales and marketing process is unlike any you have ever been a part of – unless, of course, you have marketed and sold franchises before. Consider your starting point in the process.
You are often going to start the sales process by asking your prospective franchisees to:
- Quit their jobs.
- Give up their benefits.
- Give up their security.
- Trust you to help them invest their life’s savings.
- Make a lifetime commitment to a business in which they may not have experience.
- Oh, by the way, you cannot tell them how much money they will earn.
But the good news is, it is a process. And like any sales process, if you follow the right steps and your business model is strong, you will get predictable results. If, of course, you do things right.
Add to this complexity the knowledge that the franchise sales process is legally regulated at both the state and federal level.
Violations of franchise sales laws can result in:
- Significant fines at both the state and federal level.
- Contract rescission.
- Financial restitution of all monies paid by your franchisees.
- Potentially being banned from selling franchises.
- Private rights of action (litigation) under various state franchise laws.
- And in some states, violation of franchise laws is a Class 4 Felony.
While the laws regulating franchise sales and sales compliance are not particularly onerous or difficult to follow, you need to be sure you and your sales team are properly educated and are able to document your compliance.
That is where the MENAFA comes in.
Our sales training is provided to one franchise company at a time – not a in a mixed class environment – so you can gain the benefit of role playing with real time questions about you and your competitors. And it is provided by people who have sold literally hundreds of franchises.
Our sales training is real world and practical. It is taught by sales professionals who have sold franchises and is kept current by the ongoing direct involvement in the sales processes of our affiliate.